TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Cooking Classes, Online cooking classes (Zoom), Catering Taco Bar & Personal Chef Terms and Conditions constitute a legal and binding contract between Barbara McAllister DBA Cocina Corazón (“CC”) and you (the “Customer”). By booking a class, a catering – taco buffet, personal chef service or zoom cooking session, you agree to be bound by all provisions in this Agreement at the time of your acceptance.
This Agreement may be updated at any time. It is your responsibility to review the most recent version of this Agreement when purchasing classes or services and to remain informed of any changes.
- To lock a date (all cooking classes – in-home, online or in my kitchen studio), payment in full is required through credit card, Venmo, PayPal or ApplePay, seven business days before the class. For cash or checks please contact us by email or phone
- If using PayPal, a 2.9% extra fee of the amount will apply, plus $0.30 USD (PayPal standard commission)
- If using credit card a 3.5% extra fee of the amount will apply, plus $0.15 USD (credit card standard commission). Please call 719-661-3030 for credit card payments.
- For catering events and personal chef service, 50% downpayment is required. The other 50% must be payed in full the day of the event
- CC may substitute food items based on availability (season)
- In-home classes, catering Mexican taco bar and personal chef service are offered in Colorado Springs area and vicinity. Extra fees may apply for out of city limits (Monument, Castle Rock, Littleton, etc.)
- Once the customer and CC confirm a date for a cooking class, and CC receives payment in full, CC will email a receipt of the payment to the customer. Please notify CC immediately if you do not receive a confirmation
- Customers are responsible to ensure they receive a receipt and confirmation
- For gift certificates – payment in full is required before you receive the gift certificate. The customer has one year (from the day of purchase) to claim the gift certificate. To claim a gift certificate, please contact CC to schedule a cooking class. Once you reserve and confirm a class, the gift certificate is considered claimed. No changes or refunds are available once confirmed.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Sometimes plans change and one of us has to cancel. If CC cancels a class due to bad weather or other extenuating circumstances, the customer will receive a credit towards another class on a different date
- We require a minimum of six people to hold an in-home class, and eight people for classes in ‘my kitchen studio. For virtual classes (zoom), a minimum of ten people is required
- For cancellations please contact email@example.com, or please call 719-661-3030
- All cooking classes cancellations require a 10-day notice from the time of scheduled class for full refund or class credit
- For zoom cooking classes, catering Mexican taco bar and personal chef service, once the contract is approved by email or signed, and payment is received, no refunds will be provided
- If the customer cancels less than 10 days before the scheduled cooking class time, CC will not issue any refund or credit
- CC cannot provide refunds, credits or class transfers for classes missed as a result of illness, job loss, personal emergencies, scheduling conflicts, or events beyond CC’s control
- Participants are responsible to arrive at class on time. CC do not provide refunds or credits when a participant fails to attend a cooking class
- All above cancellation policies apply for gift certificates as well. Once you confirmed a date, if the customer misses it for any reason, there are no credits or refunds and the gift certificate will be voided
- All gift certificates have an expiration date of one year after purchase with no exceptions
Staying Safe and Healthy
- Customers are responsible for:
- Informing CC if you have any medical and/or food allergies
- Avoiding any contact with ingredients and/or food allergens
- To prevent allergic reactions
- Reading the recipes that CC send in advance; review ingredients for possible allergens
- An attendee won’t be allowed into the cooking class if showing any symptoms related to Covid19, flu or similar. No refunds will be provided
- For cooking classes customers should be dressed comfortably but with safety in mind. Flip-flops and open-toed shoes are not recommended in the kitchen. Do not wear loose clothing that could get caught in machinery or equipment. Jewelry should not be worn. You should wear hair clips or bands for long hair
- Children under 17 years of age are not permitted to be present in adult classes
- Family classes with children are available upon request and one adult per kid under 15 is obligatory
WAIVER: I understand that by registering and purchasing a cooking class, in-home cooking class, Mexican catering buffet or personal chef service for myself or another person, I agree to release and hold harmless Barbara M McAllister DBA Cocina Corazón, from any and all claims or liability related to any accident that may occur to myself or the person for whom I have purchased the service while attending or in the process of the service. I acknowledge that cooking includes the use of knives, stoves, ovens and other kitchen utensils and that the use of these includes risks or can cause or lead to injury.
Further, in consideration of my ability to participate or hire any of CC services, I do hereby waive, release, indemnify and shall hold harmless CC and its owners, members, managers, officers, directors, chefs, employees, attorneys, agents, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all demands, claims, losses, injury, damages, liability, attorney fees, costs, and/or expenses of litigation, in law or in equity, whether known or unknown, that have arisen or may arise from my participation in or attendance at any classes or activities provided by CC, or from my use of any recipe, skill, technique, or method learned from CC or in any of CC’s classes or activities . Further, I will not sue any of the Released Parties for such demands, claims, or liability.
Recipes for cooking classes
- Recipes will be emailed one day before the cooking class to participants for the food items produced
- These recipes are and remain as intellectual property of CC
- The Customer may not use, or make copies of CC’s recipes for any commercial use or share them with the general public, friends or family
- CC reserves the right to take judicial action to prevent any unauthorized use of CC’s recipes
CC preserves the confidentiality of any information you provide to CC, and will not sell or give your information to any third party